Nicole Gibson, M.A. (she/her/hers)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #LMFT94690
Nicole Gibson is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) with extensive experience working in the field of mental health. She earned her bachelor's degree in Psychology from Argosy University and her master's degree in Psychology with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy from Phillips Graduate Institute. Nicole has extensive experience providing individual, couples, and family therapy. She has also led several groups. Nicole has worked in community mental health centers, psychiatric hospitals, and private practice throughout her career.
Nicole is committed to providing culturally responsive and identity-affirming therapy to children and adults. She has experience working with BIPOC and LGBTQ+ Communities. Nicole specializes in working with Black Women and other Women of Color and Parents of Children with Special Needs. She has particular expertise focused on Women's Issues, Prenatal & Postpartum Mental Health, Parenting & Parenting Stress, Family Issues, Relationship Issues, Coping with Educational Systems, Life Transitions, and EMDR for trauma.
How I work...
- I believe in providing a collaborative therapeutic relationship that empowers the client to be the driving force in therapy.
- I aim to provide culturally responsive therapy by validating and empowering clients with an acknowledgment of the cultural factors that contribute to their daily lives.
- I use family systems and solution-focused theoretical approaches by addressing the various systems within our lives. I also aid clients in determining solutions that best fit their goals.
- I work with you to dissect work, school, and family systems through your lens and explore patterns that may add stress to your life.
- Therapy is something that can beautifully enlighten us and aid us in living our best life.
- I have experience working with families, couples (particularly interracial couples), new moms, and parents of a child or children with autism.
- I provide online Individual Therapy for Adults 18+, Couples Therapy & Family Therapy
- $200 per 45-50 minute individual therapy session
- $225 - $325 per 50-80 minute family, couples, or multi-partnered relationship therapy session